As I have over 22 years of experience and license to teach Japanese Calligraphy, I’ve made an activity “Advanced Calligraphy”.
Another one, “Beginners Calligraphy” is only for experience to just try one of traditional Japanese cultures.
At this Advanced course, I teach more skills and techniques.
This is for people who…
would like to know Japanese Calligraphy deeply
would like to start to learn Japanese Calligraphy
has experienced Japanese Calligraphy somewhere already
learns Japanese Calligraphy
As she is into arts, she decided to make this day “art day”.
Wakalture is close to Ueno where has many museums.
I also prepared her own Calligraphy tools such as brush, ink, ink stone etc… as she wanted to buy:)
The end of the course, she asked me if she could come back the next day!!
I was so impressed and happy as this meant she liked, enjoyed it. And she though it was worthy:)
Fortunately, I was available in the morning. So she could come back to learn more!!
At the first day, we went for lunch together after the lesson.
We had tempura soba at a local soba restaurant.
The owners are actually my friend’s parents from elementary school !!lol
This is her review on Trip advisor:)
“A must-do to experience in Japanese culture”
Add Wakalture to the top of your list. I signed up for one two-hour class. I enjoyed it so much that I took another class the next day. I suggest spending a couple hours with Wakana and then walking nearby to some of Tokyo’s popular attractions.
– Learning Shodo art and being introduced to Japanese language.
– Opportunity to experience Japanese culture outside of hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions.
– Her studio is located in a residential area that is less touristy and more traditional. She is located among family-owned shops and restaurants.
– I walked to Ueno Park. It has a huge pond, places to sit, a market, museums, and shrines.
– Wakana is patient, friendly, speaks English well, and treated me like a good friend.
– I was commuting from Yokohoma, and the subway ride took an hour and a half each way. If I had I been staying in Tokyo, Wakana’s studio would have been quick and easy. She is located near several subway stations.